Wednesday, January 21, 2015

destroying fear.

 spent my morning with this one today... along with a handful of other awesome "Westsiders".

at the beginning of september i began going to wednesday morning prayer at my church.
7 am, bright n early.
i went for a little over a month & then one wednesday decided, "i'll just sleep this one out".
week after week i continued to make excuses not to go.
little did i know that my dear friend, della, had been praying for me all along- to come again.

this morning the Lord helped me get out of bed and walked me into the church.
i realize now the underlying reason that i was avoiding wednesday mornings:

i was intimidated by prayer.

sitting in a circle with a group of individuals that either i hardly know or don't know at all can be a tad frightening.
aside from the fact that these are amazing, Christ-loving people, 
i believed that they were offering prayers far "better" than my own.

so often i struggle with finding the "right" words to say.
and just living in fear of judgement from others...
something we all struggle with from time to time.

so before hand, i just prayed that God would just give me wisdom and confidence and destroy whatever misguided insecurities i had about prayer.

and PRAISE!
He did just that.

whatever fear i was experiencing was coming all from The Enemy
of course he didn't want me to go to prayer on Wednesdays.
of course he was going to put obstacles on my path to prevent me from going.

just feelin' real blessed that i was able to overcome this silly fear of mine today.
all with help from the Lord.


this verse speaks so much power and truth:

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, 
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Romans 8:26





No comments: